This installation steps are applicable for the OpenCart versions 2.0.x.x, 2.1.x.x, 22.214.171.124, 2.3.x.x, 3.0.x.x and the extension version is 3.0
- This extension requires the base plugin developed by HuntBee OpenCart Services.
- This extension works on OpenCart's OCMOD Modification. No file overwritten.
- Install SEO Extension base plugin. If already installed, you can skip this step.
- Download and unzip the package in your local folder
- You will find folders respective of opencart versions. Choose the folder according to your opencart version. You will find seo-canonical.ocmod.zip
- Login to your website admin
- Navigate to Extensions > Installer
- Upload seo-canonical.ocmod.zip
- Go to Extensions > Modification. You will find SEO – Canonical URL. Click on refresh modification.
- Navigate to Extensions > Extensions > SEO Extensions
- Click install button on SEO Canonical URL
- Click on edit button
- Choose the type of canonical URL you want (Long URL recommended).
- Click on Save. You are done.
- Test and validate the canonical tags in your website.