Setting up a Pop-up
- Enter the module name, you can give any name as per your convenience. For example, you can give Newsletter Popup for Home.
- Now select the Module Structure to Pop-up
- Choose module type. For example, Subscription + Registration Form
- If you have selected Module Type as HTML + Action button, you can set the Action button link in the next field. For other module types, you can leave this field empty.
- Set Popup Width. Example: 600
- Set Popup Effect. Example: Zoom
- Set Popup Template newsletter_popup_template_1
- Set Popup open delay, example 1
- Disallow user to close popup: If you want to allow user to close popup by clicking the close button, set this field to Disabled
- Choose background image if you want, else leave empty
- Set background color, button color
- If you want to send a coupon code to the user, set Auto Generate Coupon to Yes and choose the coupon template. New coupon code will be created based on the selected template.
- You can enable or disable last name, password, confirm password field as per your requirement
- Make sure you enable the module status.
- Edit the content/text of the popup as per your requirement
- Click on Save button at the top right of the page
Now you have created the module. You will now add the module to the desired layout. Go to Design > Layouts and add the module to the desired layout. You can choose any position for popup. Content bottom Position is most preferable.
All the fields are self-explanatory. Highlighting few fields here
Set Cookie Value
Technically when a customer is subscribing, or creating an account using this module popup, or even if the customer clicks on the “Not interested” link, a cookie will be set in the user’s browser. So that when the same customer uses the same browser, the popup will not appear again to that particular user.
To disable this, you can leave the field empty.
– If you set a new cookie value, the customer will be getting the popup again
– If you are using multiple modules, set the same cookie value to all modules
If you set to 100, the content in the popup will cover the entire poup.
You can reduce the value as per your need and how you want the content to be get covered in the popup screen. This is useful when you are using a background image to the popup.
Min Screen width when background image gets visible
This popup is designed responive. When a user is viewing the website in mobile/smaller screen devices you may want the content to be shown covering 100% of popup and you may want to disable the background image.
Therefore the content width setup is ignored and the background image will be disabled when the popup is viewed in a screen whose screen size is less than this particular value.
Make sure you setup a background color in accordance with the background image.
- Do not add more than one popup module in the same layout. You can use only one popup module to a layout. You can create multiple popup module and assign them to different layouts.
- You can use both block module and popup module in a layout.
Setting up “Subscription / Registration Confirmation Emails”
Here you will set up the email content that will be sent when a user is subscribing or registering account through this module.
You can find the setup located at Extensions > Productivity Apps > Multi-purpose Popup/Block Settings
If you do not want to send an email, then simply keep the subject field of that particular email as empty.
You can use the short-codes mentioned at https://www.huntbee.com/documentation/docs/newsletter-popup-easy-account-registration/short-codes/
Where to find the list of guest subscribers?
You can find it at Extensions > Productivity Apps > Multi-purpose Popup/Block Settings: Guest Subscribers Tab
Note: If a customer subscribes as guest and go one step ahead with creating an account from the module, then that particualar email address will be deleted automatically from Guest Subscribers as the email address will be found under customers with newsletter option enabled.
You can manually remove the entries by selecting and clicking on the delete button. Once a record is deleted you cannot get it back unless you have backup.
You can download the list in Excel (xls) format by clicking on the Export to Excel button
Sending Newsletter to Guest Subscribers
- Go to Admin: Marketing > Mail
- Select the Guest Subscribers from the to list
- Compose newsletter and click on Send.