Lets assume you want to send 5000 email newsletters per day. And you have created the email template already.
The suggested method for this scenario is to send (5000 / 24) ~210 emails every hour, and that is (210 / 12) ~18 emails every 5 min.
In the extension setting you will set the following
- Enable the “Cron bucket mode“
- Set “No. of Emails to process in an attempt” to 18
And then, go to Send Email Module > Choose the email template and the recipient group. Click on Send Email. Emails will be composed and saved to the Cron Bucket List
And then, in your server cpanel > Cron Jobs. You will use the cron command to run every 5 min.
- This extension uses the existing OpenCart mail library to send emails. So if you are having a problem sending emails, please check your OpenCart Settings for mail.
- Check your email server capacity. Some servers may have a limit set, for example, only 500 emails per hour can be sent or only 5000 emails per day can be sent. So check your server email plan and plan accordingly.
- Use SMTP for better email deliverable.